I’ve fallen super behind on reading some of the things I’ve wanted to, and my pile of unread books grows ever larger.
I’m going to challenge myself – by the end of this weekend, I want to finish 4 books (3 are very short):
- The Selfish Gene – Richard Dawkins
- I’ve taken waaaaay too long to finish this one. I’ve just been “busy” doing other shit (not too busy to finish), but man it is so so good. This will be the one I try to knock out first to finally just be able to say I’m done with it
- The Pyramid Principle – Barbara Minto
- If you’re here reading this you’ll know my writing is not clear most of the time. Honestly, even if I go through this book and put a bunch of effort into applying what it teaches, it probably won’t make much of a difference here (at least for posts like this) because I write this stuff without any second thought, editing, whatever. Very stream of consciousness. I approach my typing speed limit writing on here lol
- The Elements of Style – William Strunk Jr.
- The same idea as the one above. I would love to feel confident in my writing abilities.
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up – Marie Kondo
- My dad got me this a while ago and I never actually read it. God knows I need to
So yeah. If I can power through and finish these by the end of the week I’ll be pretty happy. The middle two are both quite short, but I have quite a ways to go with The Selfish Gene. I’m at a good stopping point for a lot of the coding-related stuff I’ve been working on, so hopefully I can allocate a bunch of time to this!
Will update this Sunday night. Let’s see how far I get!